5.02.2009

2 days.

2 days. 2 days. 2 days.

And it still hasn't sunk in yet. That's slightly unsettling. I feel like it should be more real. I feel like I should feel something, anything. But instead I just feel tired, worn-out, emotionally exhausted. It's called "the end of the semester."

Still, I keep getting glimpses of the reality, that sick feeling in my stomach that is a mix of anxiety, appreciation, and excitement.

I had a glimpse when I turned in my Lit Crit paper last Friday, and the major stress of the semester was done.
A glimpse when the theatre department surrounded us and prayed for the entire team at theatre banquet last Monday.
A glimpse when I called my bank to tell them that I'd be using my ATM card in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
A glimpse when it turned May.
A glimpse when I had no more finals to check off my list.
A glimpse when I watched dear friends walk across the stage to get their diplomas today and I realized that they were done with college, school was over for the year, and I was getting on a plane in 48 hours.

I'm not sure what to think. I don't have any frame of reference for PNG; I have zero idea of what it's going to be like. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad. But it is, and I know it'll be the biggest adventure of my 21 years. Thanks for going with me on this adventure; I'm stronger because you're behind me.

I really need to start packing. Really badly.

Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment