This doesn't directly relate to PNG, but I just wanted to write about it. And I'll make it relate in Part 2.
So I've had kind of a horrendous 24 hours. Little things have gone awfully wrong, which made them bigger and badder that they ever should have been. But I've realized in the last hour, that it's all in how you look at things. And I'll give you these examples (bad event --> good outcome):
Yesterday:
--group meeting from Hell --> hard to find anything good from this, but I think I was the rock in the group, which made me more confident in my leadership and interpersonal skills
--going to a Strike at which I wasn't needed --> got to reconnect with some people that I saw daily during Triumph but haven't seen since; also met a few new people
--silent homework party --> got a lot done, and was able to just exist in a room of people whom I love
--up later than I would have liked --> finished reading my book in preparation for my paper
Today:
--had to take nasty medicine (extra to the Typhoid, Malaria) to keep me from getting traveler's diarrhea --> I won't get traveler's diarrhea
--forgot Jessie's coffee at home --> able to go to Fred Meyer to buy a frame that the office needed; also got to bring the coffee to Jess and vent to her (always nice)
--had next-door neighbor/mom look at me with concern when I came around the corner a little too fast --> was reminded that I need to drive slower in my neighborhood, especially in the summer
--spilled coffee on my skirt --> at least it was a brown skirt!
--accidentally insulted Robin Baker, my boss and president of this university --> well, at least he was good-natured about it
--had to call the IRS and be on hold for 15 minutes --> a nice man faxed me my tax transcript and told me that my tax return is coming next week; also got to check my mail and receive a wonderful letter from my wonderful grandma along with some spending money for PNG
See? All things work out for good. And heck, it is the most beautiful day outside. There's no way that I can be annoyed. Though I should, perhaps, be writing a paper...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment